Who Are We?
We are Shaw and Sons Limited or Shaws. Our registered office is Tea Lane, Portlaoise, County Laois. We are retail department stores with 17 outlets nationwide.
This notice sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) and the Data Protection Acts 1988 to 2018, the data controller is Shaws.
What Personal Information Do We Collect From You?
You may give us personal data by:
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products and services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.shaws.ie (our website) such as the contact us form.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- Customers supply us with information which may include contact details; a contact name; email; business address; telephone number and billing payment details.
- Customers who sign up for our charge card;
- Customers who sign up for our VIP Club;
- Suppliers supply us with information which may include an employee’s name, contact details, names, emails, business address, phone number, billing and payment details.
- CCTV footage where you attend or visit Shaws premises.
Why Do We Collect This Information?
We collect the information in order to provide you with our products and services, to market our products and services, to improve our website, to keep our premises secure and to recruit staff.
We will use this information:
- To provide you with our retail services;
- For transaction and payment purposes;
- To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive same, including through the Shaws VIP Club;
- To administer your chargecard account with us (where applicable);
- To fulfil our legal obligations.
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee;
- To process employment applications, including by assessing qualifications, verifying information, conducting reference or other employment-related checks, and notifying you of future opportunities that might be of interest to you.
- To set you up on our systems;
- To pay your invoices;
- To maintain our business relationship;
- To fulfil our legal obligations.
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure.
The legal bases for the processing of your data are:
- Processing necessary for the performance of a contract which you have entered into with us or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- Processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- Processing necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests which we pursue in providing you with quotes and proposals about our services prior to contract where such interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights or freedoms which require the protection of your information;
- That you have provided consent for processing for marketing purposes, for example when you subscribe to our Shaws VIP Club.
Who Do We Share This Information With?
We may share your personal data with our selected business associates/ suppliers and contractors to provide you with our products and services. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your information with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
How Long Do We Keep Hold Of Your Information?
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
For further information on the periods for which your personal data is kept, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Do We Transfer Your Information Outside The European Economic Area (EEA)?
Shaws may transfer data outside of the EEA. For further details, please contact email@example.com
What Are Your Rights With Respect To Your Personal Data?
You have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful.
You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
You may lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in Ireland is the Data Protection Commission. The website is www.dataprotection.ie.
What Will Happen If We Change Our Privacy Notice?
This notice may change from time to time, and any changes will be posted on our website and will be effective when posted. Please review this notice each time you use our website or our services.
This notice was last updated on 4th October 2018.
How Can You Contact Us?
Our Privacy Manager can be contacted by:
(057) 869 2300
Shaws Department Stores,